Saturday, January 7, 2012

CLICHES: (Decadent Indulgence)


I live a life of decadence and I don't seem to mind
In the face of the absurd, it's you I try to find
So many lines in my head I'd like to say to you
But now is not the time to be true

I know that if it's your heart I seek
All the defenses I have are weak
You made it clear your heart belongs to her
Though in might take a while to let myself concur

It's clear I'm past the point of no return
Just bracing myself for the inevitable crash and burn
But I can't give you up, not just yet
I haven't given my blood and sweat

How sweet it would be to just dream on
To hope that one day these feelings are gone
How I allow myself to indulge this fantasy
Knowing that you and me won't be a reality

But who's to say that this shouldn't be?
Who's to tell me it can't be you and me?
And why is it that each time I close my eyes
I can't picture us saying our goodbyes?

And though I can't see us together forever
I can't see why we can't have our happy ever after
And if this is merely false hope I make myself believe,
My mind wonders, why couldn't you leave?

So I write again before I slumber
Hoping that this could make me feel better
And as I close my eyes and pray
I yearn for sweet dreams and pray you'll stay.


22Aug2010
1100pm

No comments:

Post a Comment