Saturday, January 7, 2012
Pushing 30
I can claim to have loved and lost
I can claim to have fought and won
I'm miss confidence in my career
But boys (and men) still bring me to tears
After all I've been through, and all I've done
Didn't think that I could find someone
Who could make me feel like a giddy school girl
Smiling, laughing, dancing in an endless twirl
I've boasted of living with my guard down
Facing challenges with a little less than a frown
But unknown to me, emotions still run strong
Leaving me clueless as to what had gone wrong
I light a cigarette to help me breathe
And relieve me of feelings locked beneath
At the back of my mind I knew this won't last forever
But right now I wonder how I still manage while I'm sober
And there I was, thinking I didn't want to hurt you
Didn't care what happens to me once you do
Unknown to you, and you don't suspect
This numbing pain I feel is one I didn't expect
Pushing 30, I should be wiser
Pushing 30, I should know better
Then you come along and break the deal.
Pushing 30, can't imagine how stupid I feel.
16Aug2010
730am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment