Saturday, January 7, 2012

GIVING IN


I could give you my sanity or give you religion
I could write my poetry and put my game face on
At the end of the day it has to be made known
It's your heart and your soul I want to own

I couldn't bare and sit here idly
And watch you drift away ever so slowly
There's this dull ache in my hollow chest
For I cannot just be your second best

I cannot be your meantime girl either
Coz each moment just makes me fall even deeper
You've managed to steadily creep into my heart
It's taking so much to keep me from falling apart

I want to go out and dance in the rain
Pray to the heavens to wash away the pain
Wash away the traces of your lips so divine
Oh, what I wouldn't give to make you all mine

I feel you so near me and yet you're so far
How do I get to you without waging a war?
You broke down my defenses, if I had them at all
I've taken my chances, I'm in for the long haul

Would you want to see me break down and cry?
Coz these feelings I have, I can no longer deny
What would it mean to you to know how I feel?
As much as I want to, I can't quite reveal

It scares me so, I must admit
At times I think I should just quit
But I can't seem to let you go
And I'm too afraid to let it show

Perhaps I should start learning to protect my heart
Put up my defenses before I fall apart
Whatever I was seraching for, it was you I found
Got myself in this, I must stand my ground

This battle for you, I'd like to win
Please open your heart and let me in
Let me be all that you'll ever need
I vow to never make your heart bleed

Though I can't promise you anything grand
I won't even tell you, "Your wish is my command."
But if you need someone to cast away your fears
Know that I'll even offer to dry your tears

I want to be your choice above the rest
I don't want to be just your second best
After all that's been said and done
All I want is to be your only one.


310pm; 25aug2010
513pm; 26aug2010

No comments:

Post a Comment