Saturday, January 7, 2012

DENIAL QUEEN (This Couldn't Be Love)


"Thinking of You" by Katy Perry was playing
And I suddenly turned cold while driving
A realization hit me like a slap in the face
Like it or not, it's one I have to embrace

"You're like an Indian summer in the middle of winter," she said
That line struck me and my heart bled
Then a shocking reality dawned on me
I'm in love with you, how could that be?

My mind was racing, I wanted to deny
This couldn't be happening, this is a lie
In my mind's eye, all I could see
Your face, your eyes, your lips kissing me

"When I am with him I am thinking of you"
My heart melted as I realized this was true
How could this happen?  How could I let myself fall
This was just supposed to be a fling after all

"Now the lesson's learned, I touched it I was burned"
This is how the table's turned
Should've seen it coming when you've inspired me to write
You've touched my spirit and it's taken flight

"Oh won't you walk through and bust in the door and take me away
No more mistakes coz in your eyes I'd like to stay."
It's been too long since I've felt so much
You leave me soaring at the slightest touch

I've wanted to be with you, little did I know
Don't know if these feelings show
I'd like to deny it, though I don't know how
Could it be that I've loved you even before now?

I pray to God, forgive me for I have sinned
I've thrown all caution into the wind
Heaven help my heart that's been through it all
Save me, coz there's no one to catch me as I fall

Tears welled up beneath my eyes
My tummy swelled with butterflies
Stepped on the gas and looked to the sky above
Took a deep breath, this couldn't be love.




18Aug2010
900am

No comments:

Post a Comment