Saturday, January 7, 2012

MY RHYME


Last night, on the bed I lay
Staring at the ceiling 'til the break of day
I couldn't stop thinking, thinking of you
There was really nothing much I could do

A dear friend asked, "Who's on your mind, day and night?"
I couldn't answer, try as I might
And last night, as I lay in bed restlessly
The answer has finally dawned on me

I finally slept and woke up this morning
Opened my eyes to a different feeling
Trying to recall what I had in my dream
You and I under the lone moonbeam

Sometime during my early morning drive
I started laughing, I felt so alive
Singing along to the songs on my stereo
I just let all my feelings flow

So now what? Let's assume these feelings are true
There still seems to be no hope for me and you
Should I go back to denial and just play along
Secretly hoping you feel just as strong

I block the world with music so melancholy
Perhaps trying to escape from reality
Pen in hand, these verses I write
Hoping to alleviate myself of my plight

I wonder if you feel this way
Do you think of me night and day?
If you do, please let me know
At least let your feelings show

Would you miss me when I'm gone?
Or would your life just go on?
So many questions in my head
So many words left unsaid

I don't play this game, but I might
Or at least try to put up a good fight
How do I do this without coming on too strong?
Scared that I might be getting this all wrong

Surprised to find that I suddenly care
To make a mistake is something I wouldn't dare
Have to play my cards right this time
Lest my poetry loses its rhyme

I don't want to lose you, I realize that now
I need to be with you, someway, somehow
I have to tell you despite my fright
I love you.   Is that alright?


24Aug2010
1000am

No comments:

Post a Comment